Palestine4ever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ferguson:'Great Result' After Late Victory In Valencia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
p4arab

PostSubject: Ferguson:'Great Result' After Late Victory In Valencia   Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:03 pm

With United on the back foot for much of the game, Javier Hernandez and Federico Macheda were sent on for the final stages and the youngsters combined to score the winner five minutes from time, with Ferguson praising his side’s second-half performance.

“In the second half we certainly improved, and we had more penetration about us. You come here you have to make sure you’re solid at the back,” Ferguson told ITV.

Although Valencia looked comfortable on the ball, the current La Liga leaders failed to make it pay, and Ferguson felt that they lacked the final ball to worry his United defence.

“I don’t think they created that many good chances but they are a threat because they play good football and they get to the edge of your box a lot.”

The United boss also praised the performance of goal scorer Hernandez, as well as voicing his delight at the return to action of Anderson in midfield.

“I think Chico [Hernandez] did well, he showed brilliant penetration. Moments before the goal he made a great run in behind and that’s what we needed in the late stages. Anderson had his first game back in a long time and playing at that high level and Berbatov worked hard, so the changes suited us in terms of giving us energy and speed.

“It's a great result, it’s not easy coming here, we're pleased to win.”

Ferguson also spoke about the return of Rio Ferdinand, with the England man looking his usual assured self at the heart of a busy United defence.

“He [Ferdinand] did very well, first big match in five months, so I’m pleased with that.”

When asked about whether misfiring front man Wayne Rooney will be fit to feature in United’s next Champions League clash with Bursaspor, Ferguson responded positively:

“I hope he's ready [in time for three weeks]. We'll know more tomorrow."

Ferguson:'Great Result' After Late Victory In Valencia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1